Impressions of South America with Brazilian Amazon
Brochure Type: Latin America 2022
You'll never forget travelling on this epic Amazon tour as you glide upstream through the biodiverse rainforest in search of lone tapirs, capybaras, and the giant anaconda. Feel like a local sunning yourself in stylish Ipanema, learn how to samba in Rio and tango in Buenos Aires before falling in love with the stunning UNESCO-listed Iguassu National Park.
- Explore Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires with a Local Specialist
- Visit the Christ the Redeemer statue, Sugarloaf Mountain, Corcovado, Iguassu Falls and Recoleta Cemetery
- View Devil's Throat Falls
- See Copacabana Beach and the Casa Rosada
- Connect with Locals Dine at the home of a local family in the bohemian neighbourhood of Palermo Soho with its European-style homes and hip attitude.
- Connect with Locals Visit home to Local Amazonians (Cablocos) with an opportunity for piranha fishing.
- Dive into Culture Experience the beauty of the Tango and learn about its traditions.
- Dive Into Culture Visit a Samba school to see and experience this symbol of Brazil.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Visit Monkey Forest, a rehabilitation center and wildlife refuge.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 10 Breakfasts
- 2 Regional Dinners
- 3 Dinners
- 3 Lunches
- A Trafalgar bonus all Intra-Air Flights: Rio de Janeiro to Iguassu and Iguassu to Buenos Aires, including porter service at all airports
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (518) 346-3525 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16422725
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2022
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Manaus||Arrive Manaus: Fly to Manaus (not included in holiday price on pre-trip extension), the Brazilian gateway of the Amazon. You'll be transferred to your hotel before embarking on a city tour that will reveal the wealth of the city's former rubber barons. Visit the grand Palacio Rio Negro with its displays reflecting traditional Amazonian culture, then discover the floating harbour and nearby Customs House. Admire the metallic architecture of the vibrant Mercado Municipal, based on the Les Halles marketplace in Paris and see the Renaissance opera house, constructed during the city's golden age.|
|Day 2||The River of Manaus||The River of Manaus: We journey upstream today to see first-hand the tremendous 'Meeting of the Waters'. Watch how the dark waters of the Rio Negro merge with the sandy brown water of the Solimoes and then flows eastward to the Atlantic. After lunch, consider joining an optional canoe trip down a smaller tributary and try your hand at piranha fishing, or simply immerse yourself in your jungle surrounds. Later, we transfer to our lodge on the banks of the Rio Taruma.|
Amazon Ecopark Jungle Lodge
|Day 3||The Diverse Fauna of the Amazon||The Diverse Fauna of the Amazon: Walk beneath the towering canopy of the world's largest rainforest - the life-source of Planet Earth and an area of exceptional biodiversity. We'll embark on a guided walk this morning with our Local Specialist, keeping a keen eye out for shy capybara or the giant coils of the anaconda as it naps on the branches of a tree. Connect With Locals as you immerse yourself in the culture, rituals and heritage of the native Amazonians gaining first-hand insight into their day-to-day lives, then return to your lodge for dinner against the backdrop of cicadas, bulldog bats and Screaming Piha, the signature sound of the Amazon.|
|Day 4||From the Amazon to Rio de Janeiro||From the Amazon to Rio de Janeiro: Visit Monkey Forest, a rehabilitation centre and wildlife refuge, as your MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience. Then return to Manaus Airport as your Amazon experience comes to an end. Fly to Rio de Janeiro and meet a local host who will take you to your hotel where you'll enjoy superb ocean views of Copacabana beach and its beautiful people, just minutes from downtown Rio. This evening, we enjoy a festive Welcome Reception with our Travel Director and fellow travellers.|
|Day 5||Rio de Janeiro Sightseeing and At Leisure||Rio de Janeiro Sightseeing and At Leisure: The rhythm of Rio is yours to explore this morning. Join your Local Specialist to delve into the captivating contrasts of Brazil's cidade maravilhosa (marvellous city). See the 18th-century Carioca Aqueduct, colonial Candelaria Church, and the home of the Rio Carnival, the Sambodromo. Journey high above Guanabara Bay and summit Sugarloaf Mountain via cable car for a 'pinch me moment' of inspiring bay and city views. Spend the evening at leisure.|
|Day 6||Rio de Janeiro Sightseeing and At Leisure||Rio de Janeiro Sightseeing and At Leisure: Hands outstretched, the iconic Christ the Redeemer welcomes you to the hunched outcrop of Corcovado, sharing his impressive panoramic view of a city that loves to celebrate. This afternoon, soak in the shores of Copacabana and Ipanema. Kick back and watch tanned sun-worshippers playing volleyball and sip a caipirinha or two, which you'll learn to mix this evening, followed by a sizzling barbecue at a local churrascaria Regional Dinner. Bom proveito!|
|Day 7||Rio de Janeiro - Iguassu Falls||Rio de Janeiro - Iguassu Falls: Spend your lazy moments in Rio soaking up the laid-back carioca life before you Connect With Locals at a local Samba School to see their preparations for Carnival Week. You'll learn how to sway those hips to the tunes of Mais que nada and The Girl from Ipanema during your visit. From the intoxicating beat of Rio to the thundering roar of Iguassu, we fly to the magnificent falls that straddle the borders of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. This evening, we'll enjoy dinner together, pondering Rio's party vibe and the inspiring force of nature nearby.|
Bourbon Cataratas Resort Iguassu Falls
|Day 8||Iguassu Falls Sightseeing and At Leisure||Iguassu Falls Sightseeing and At Leisure: The tropical jungle and waterfall landscapes of the UNESCO-listed Iguassu National Park provide sanctuary for rare wildlife, bird and plant species, which share their home with us today as we explore the Brazilian side of the falls with a Local Specialist. We'll walk through the rainforest to the base of the falls before indulging in lunch at a local restaurant against the impressive backdrop of the falls. Spend the afternoon at your resort relaxing or join one of our optional experiences, including a jetboat ride (WAIVER REQUIRED) to the base of the falls or a visit to a tropical bird reserve, home to more than 500 species of birds.|
|Day 9||Iguassu Falls - Buenos Aires||Iguassu Falls - Buenos Aires: Crossing the Argentinian border, we join our Local Specialist for a walk along the long catwalk suspended above the swirling waters of the Iguassu River. View the chaotic crush of water pouring down Devil's Throat Falls, then board an open-air ecological jungle train for a different perspective of the mighty cascades. Our Iguassu adventure at its end, we'll board a flight to Buenos Aires, South America's most stylish city and home to the melancholic Tango.|
|Day 10||Buenos Aires Sightseeing and At Leisure||Buenos Aires Sightseeing and At Leisure: Our day together is spent on a paseo with a Local Specialist. We'll walk through the wide boulevards of this beautiful capital admiring the spirit of a city whose European and Latin American influences can be seen around every turn. This evening, we linger over a delicious Regional Dinner and Dive Into Culture watching the passionate, fiery and precise steps of some of Buenos Aires' most talented Tango dancers.|
|Day 11||Buenos Aires||Buenos Aires At Leisure: Get under the skin of Buenos Aires today - a full day to pursue your own interests in the 'Paris of South America'. Delve into the treasures of artisan markets and the patio shops of rustic colonial buildings in San Telmo or enjoy delicious dulce de leche ice-cream at the famous Cafe Tortoni. Feeling adventurous? Consider an optional trip into the countryside to a traditional estancia (ranch) - a unique opportunity to share a drink with the local gauchos (cowboys) and learn about their lives. Admire their consummate horsemanship during a lively equestrian show before sitting down to a traditional parrillada (barbecue) lunch. Tonight, we Connect With Locals, joining a local family in Palermo Soho for a Be My Guest experience with a Farewell Dinner of delicious family dishes paired with local wine. Learn the secrets of kneading country bread and see how typical Argentinian crafts are made.|
|Day 12||Buenos Aires||Depart Buenos Aires: Our South America adventure comes to an end this morning. Say a fond hasta luego to Buenos Aires and newfound friends, transferring to the airport for your flight home or choose to extend your stay.|
- Land and Intra Air: prices include economy air and air-related charges for flights between Rio de Janeiro - Foz do Iguacu and Cataratas del Iguazu - Buenos Aires and require purchase of round-trip air travel on LATAM between your gateway city and the itinerary's start and end gateway cities.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class